Thursday, May 21, 2009

Paris's Barking Behavior Modification Program

I decided to follow a friend and blog my progress on my girl Paris. She has developed a wild and frankly obnoxious barking. We will begin using the Relaxation Protocol from Karen Overall's book Clinical Behavioral Medicine for Small Animals to start.
Today when I got back from a state certified payroll training, I took her for a walk and we worked on clicker awareness and leash manners in exciting situations. She had that down, when her leash got tight she would turn around and reorient to me, sometimes sitting other times just looking at me awaiting her click -- treat. Sometimes the click was good enough and she was back walking and sniffing.
I am sure due to lack of "work" due to her PCL surgery followed by my back surgery she is going nuts, so we are about to embark on our journey of behavior mod!
Wish us luck...

No comments:

Post a Comment