Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Paris' Big Night in Class

I have been working with Paris on some relaxation exercises and trying to get her to just focus herself instead of mindless barking. I have also been working on really catching her being quiet and have noticed the amount and intensity of her barking have gone down.
Sunday we added some stock time and allowed Paris to work sheep for awhile, which helped with her frustration level from inactivity. Her PCL surgery seems to be holding up and I did not notice any signs she was in pain or having issues with her knee.
Tonight she joined my behavior modification class and we worked on focus, targeting, settle mat, no attention for barking at other dogs, lots of attention for attention on me. She did outstanding and really enjoys working.
I plan on posting our Relaxation Protocol notes soon.
I am happy to say Paris should do well with her barking rehab!

No comments:

Post a Comment